• Breaking News

    Tuesday 18 April 2017

    A Stranger In The Land



    (To The Postulant)

    Written By:         Orok Duke 

    Walking with shifting paces
    In the march with rainbow faces,
    I was pushing through the crowded Oxford Street
    And going towards Marble Arch.


    Viewed from the sky, we looked like termites
    In a conspiratorial race, devoid of any sound,
    Because surviving in this expansive town,
    Leaves you fighting to stay up or fall to the ground.


    I took the Central Line to Bond Street
    The day I terminated my life with Steve,
    In the yuletide, his balloon of lies had burst,
    Leaving me prostrate, to pick the pieces and adjust.


    I knew that he would not let go,
    But keep coming to take some more,
    He is in shock over what I have done –
    Taking on life’s bedlam, when love has gone.


    You pretended that I was your “only baby”
    And gave me small doses of bestial lies daily,
    I dared to cut our filial ties and run,


    I can only take my chances, when I am young.

    Orok Otu Duke



    Duke Town....

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel